Search

Gloucester Museum

Click to send this to a friendClick to print page

Museum Logo

General

Constructed in 1909 & opened in 1910 the Museum was originally the Gloucester Shire Council Chambers. The Council occupied the building until 1959, when it became a private residence.  In 1984, it was purchased by the Gloucester Historical Society.

The building is listed in the register of the National Trust of Australia (NSW).  The Museum houses material of Historical significance to the district including the collection & preservation of photographic records, memorabilia & archival material dating back to 1826 when Gloucester & surrounding towns were named by the Australian Agricultural Company's Agent Mr. Robert Dawson soon after his arrival.

Contact Details

Gloucester District Historical Society Inc.
PO Box 265
GLOUCESTER NSW 2422
p - 02 6558 9989
e - gloucestermuseum@bigpond.com.au
w - www.gloucestermuseum.com.au


In this section